Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 46! Inches/muscle vs Pounds lost

I have been working my butt off literally and I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I know I've lost an inch at least from everywhere on my body so far, but I tend  to get really discouraged when I don't see the numbers on the scale go down. I was 227 lbs less than a week ago and now I'm 227.5.  A big girl like me should be seeing pounds lost too, at least I would think so. This is one of the biggest issues I've had with weight loss in my life. I get discouraged and stop when I don't get the results I want. This time I'm going to keep going! I need to keep myself from thinking that I'm not losing fat just cause the scale isn't showing results. I'm showing results. My clothes are looser, my body looks smaller in the mirror, and I can do so much more than when I started. I don't know why I have such a huge issue with wanting the numbers to go down.

I am think what I'm going to do from now on is only weigh in at home before I go weigh in for the Healthier You. One day a week, no more than that. Then I won't even worry about the weight loss as much and just focus on finishing the program! I think weighing in less would help me be more positive about it for sure because I'm doing great!

So today I did great on my clean eating. I was also going to do Power 90 this evening, but my husband and I had rented movies, so I went to Zumba then hung out with him and watched some of the movie. I'm going to try to do the Cardio and Ab ripper in the morning and then do the circuit in the evening. Then I'll be caught up and I won't have Zumba again till next Thursday.

I am getting to the point that I have most of the foot work down and am working on the arm movements now, and also trying add more flavor like I said yesterday LOL. I still have issues with rolling my hips to the left, it just doesn't feel right, and I hate the cumbya or whatever its called. I suck at it. The rest of the dances I get and totally understand and can do pretty darn well. Someday when I'm not as big and out of shape maybe I'll look almost as good as our instructor doing the routines LOL. A girl can dream!

My goal for next week is to spend more time with my husband and get my daughter on a better nap schedule during the day. Then I will know what time I can work out in the mornings for sure, and have a little more time with my husband when he comes home from work. I am doing great with working out and he is so supportive, but I feel bad, cause I'm always working out, and I hardly see him anymore. So even though I'm not a morning person, I'm going to try to be one.

Sorry I don't have pics tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment