Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 45 and I am sore!! :)

I'm so glad I started doing the next phase of the Power 90 dvds. I did the cardio this morning and holy smokes I was pouring sweat. You wouldn't think that doing the same thing as before but just more of it and faster would make that much of a difference but it did. With doing all the workouts that I've been doing I made it through the whole thing with only a couple run in place breaks and only for a few seconds. I can't believe the endurance I've gained. The Ab ripper 200 that I did with the cardio was crazy. The same moves as the Ab ripper 100, but instead of 10 times each you do them 20 times each. By the time you get the the last few sets it really really burns!! I loved it. I have come to love the workouts when I'm dripping sweat down my face! It just lets me know that its totally working! Boy do I feel it today!!! WHEW! My legs and butt are on fire!

I also went to Zumba class again tonight, and I am getting better at the arm movements now that I have the feet down a lot better than I did. I can also add some of my own flavor to the steps since I'm not so worried about doing the wrong steps! I love going to the class and seeing people. After being stuck inside the last two days with kids and not going anywhere else, I crave people.

I've always worked places that were service orientated. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant and a Barista for the most part. I loved being a Barista! I love coffee and I love people, so the job was perfect. I'm also a super perfectionist and coffee snob so I tried to make sure every drink I made was perfect every time! Now that I am a stay at home mom and watching kids, its an adjustment not seeing people every single day all day long, but its fine as long as I can get out and about once in awhile!

I used to always keep a food journal, and I highly recommend it, so I started one again today so I can pin point when I'm am craving junk food AKA cheese LOL, and where my problems lie as far as my diet go. Today I did really well, I made sure to buy some plain popcorn for when I'm wanting a salty/crunchy treat, cause that is usually what I want. We'll see if my journal picks anything else up. I'm making sure to write down every bite of food I take!

I found this idea on Pinterest, and it worked pretty well. You get almost perfectly shaped mcmuffin eggs :)
Photobucket

Here's the mcmuffin. Its an Ezekiel Bread English muffin, a little mustard, one egg, and a few spinach leaves. It was really good. This was my morning after workout snack since I need a few more good carbs in my diet.
Photobucket

Our delicious dinner than my husband made. Grilled chicken with my spice blend, a fresh asparagus, red pepper and onion stir fry, and some pesto tri color pearled couscous! It was sooooo freaking good!!!
Photobucket

We figured out buying these weights were cheaper than buying the weights one set at a time! I didn't like how big they are in the beginning, but they are growing on me!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment