Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 40! I'm addicted!

I can't believe I'm on day 40 of doing Power 90 and eating clean! Its going by so fast. I weighed myself this morning and had lost another pound, so I'm down 11.5 lbs to 227.0! YAY! It may not seem like a lot, but I have gone down from a size 22 to a size 18 jeans, so I know its really working. I've been doing really well with the eating clean since I got home from Anchorage, and have been trying to push myself more. I've been going to zumba for 3 weeks now, and I've been to 6 classes, I love doing Power 90 and P90X, but being a stay at home mom and babysitting from home I seriously need to get out of the house and see adults! Its really helping my sanity!

When I first started doing power 90 phase 1-2 I could barely do any of the cardio without having to stop and run or walk in place instead, I couldn't do more than about 3 real push ups, and during stretches I could barely grab the heel of my foot to do the quad stretch. Now I can do the whole cardio workout, do real push-ups the whole time other than the close push-ups, and can actually grab my ankle! So I'm gaining endurance, strength, and flexibility! Its amazing, and tonight at Zumba I barely messed up and I'm getting the arms movements down too! So unlike 40 days ago when I was dripping sweat and flapping fat everywhere, I'm still doing both of those, but I'm doing it better and with confidence! :)

You need to just start a program, whatever it is, and do it. Don't wait, start now! Its totally worth the time and effort you put into it. I  know that some people don't have the option for child care and I'm lucky my husband is willing to either put our daughter to bed or be home when I go to class, or just give me the time to do my workouts at home. But you really can do it, just do it during your kids naps, after they are in bed, before they wake up, or if they are old enough just do it with them around and they will either copy you, or can workout with you. Even if you don't finish the workout when they are there or they wake up, at least you did something!

Here a couple pics of dinner and "dessert".

My husband put a dry rub on the chicken breast and grilled it on our new BBQ. I made yummy basmati brown rice, and stir fried some broccoli with some spicy chile stuff. 
 Photobucket

Dessert was some fruit I had to use we had bought at costco. One mango, one papaya, and one banana all cut up into small pieces and mixed with like 2tsp of Agave and 2 or 3 tbs of greek yogurt! It was delicious.
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment