Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 33 and 34

I didn't post yesterday since I was having an off day and just wanted to relax with my hubby. I didn't do very well with eating clean yesterday either. I had made grilled cheese sandwiches for the girls to eat and had one myself with bad bread and lots of cheese, then had some cheerios and regular milk, and after my yummy clean dinner decided to eat a chocolate bar. So yesterday was the first really bad day I didn't have as a cheat meal in the 33 days I have been eating clean. I don't feel bad about it, cause today I'm back on track. I have learned that dwelling on the bad days just sets me up to fail. Just keep going! One day of unhealthy eating won't keep you from being successful if you move forward and don't worry about it.

I was having a bad day all day yesterday anyway because we were trying to plan to go out of town next week for a few days, and planning trips can be a bit stressful when you have kids and work to plan around. The girls and I still had fun though, we made a fun craft I had found on pinterest using crayons I had cut into little pieces, put in silicone heart mold (made for chocolates) and then melted them down so we had rainbow crayon hearts! They turned out super cute and fun! I had also made a cool Valentines Day center piece I had found on pinterest as well using candy hearts and one of the vases we had from our wedding. I didn't wash the vase cause I didn't want to be tempted to eat the candy!

I didn't do my Power 90 cardio workout last night, so I did it this morning. I also am just about to do my strength training workout as soon as my daughter takes a nap!  I might do a little more of a workout later today if I have time, but I have a lot of cleaning to do before we leave for Anchorage for a few days. I'll log tomorrow night, but I may not be back on for a couple days if I don't have wi-fi!

Here are some of the clean eats I've had the last couple days! Plus Recipes!! I also added pics of the crafts I did for Valentine's Day!

Last night I made a really good Eat Clean Diet Recipe that was an Asian noodle bowl. My husband liked it a lot better than when I made it about a year ago, because I only put half of the rice wine vinegar in it this time. Its so good! Here's a rough idea of the recipe.

2 tbs sesame oil (toasted or regular)
1 garlic clove (pressed)
2 tbs low sodium soy sauce or I use Braggs liquid aminos
1tbs minced ginger (I use the tube of crushed ginger you can buy at the store 1 tbs)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1/4 in strips)

Add all the above ingredients to a pot and cook for like 10 min over medium heat or until chicken is mostly cooked through.


soba noodles about 8oz (if you get the package with 3 little bundles only use one bundle)
2 cups broccoli spears
1/2 cup frozen peas ( i used about a cup) 
1 bundle of green onions chopped
4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth

Add the broth, noodles and other ingredients, bring to a small boil and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is almost done the way you want it.

1 carrot cut into really really thin strips (we have a grater that makes really small julienne slices or you could just use a cheese grater if you don't want to cut teeny strips)
1/2 cup red bell pepper (or 1/4 to 1/2 of the pepper) sliced into really thin strips

Add the carrot and pepper and cook for a couple minutes.

If you want you can add fresh spinach to the bottom of your bowl before you put the soup in (I love it, my husband doesn't), the hot broth wilts the spinach and its delicious! 

Photobucket

Today I made myself a delicious Blueberry Coconut Chocolate Shakeology! It was so good.

1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup ice (a little more if you want)
And blend it up! This is my husbands favorite!

Photobucket

My Valentine's Day centerpiece on my messy table!
 Photobucket

Some of our Crayon Hearts!
Photobucket

















No comments:

Post a Comment