Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So far doing Power 90!

I started doing power 90 on January 2nd, so I'm currently on day 16. Power 90 is a a fairly intense workout dvd set and its been amazing. I've also been eating clean, which (no preservatives, or sugar, and no processed foods) and its making a big difference. Allowing 1 to 2 cheat meals a week, never exceeding 1500 calories in the cheat meal.

Before I had my daughter I was 225 lbs which is way too much on my 5'2" frame, and I actually weighed a couple pounds less after having her, but in the 8 months since she was born I've ballooned to 238.5 lbs :( So I needed to change. I decided to do this before Christmas but had a hard time starting with all the junk food during the holiday season. So after the holidays were over I started and 16 days later I'm  still going strong.

So far I've lost 6.5 lbs but I haven't weighed in for a few days, so I'll see my progress in a couple days when I weigh in again.

Power 90 has been hard but awesome. Its mostly hard trying to find time to workout between babysitting, keeping up with the housework, cooking, and taking care of my 8 month old daughter, but I've made the time, cause it helps me feel better and I actually am a whole lot happier now that I've been working out too.

On day one I did the cardio workout. You should have seen how hard I was breathing, fat flapping, and sweat dripping LOL its not pretty. I couldn't make it through the first part doing the correct arm movement cause my arms hurt and I had to run in place for the second part (which is jumping jacks, running, and running lunges). Now when I did the workout yesterday I can make it through the first part with all the right movements, and make it through the first run of the second part before I feel winded, I can almost make it through the second set of jumping jacks without feeling winded :) So the further I get each time the better I feel. On my first circuit (strength) workout I used 4 lb weights, now I'm using 8 lb weights!

I feel amazing and have those of you following me to thank, because you are making me accountable :) All of you motivate me!

Thank you again, I'll post again tonight about what today brought with babysitting 3 little girls, watching my own little one, my meals, and also my workout.

Here are some pics of me on day 3!

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm about the same height as you and when I first got pregnant with my daughter I was 230. The day I delivered I was 237. I lost about 50 pounds pretty quickly, then I stopped breast feeding and gained back that 50 pounds, plus 30 more! By the time she was 18 months old, I weighed 260, the biggest I'd ever been! On October 2, 2011 I took her to the Pumpkin Patch with my MIL and she had taken some picture and posted them on Facebook. OMG. That was my wake up call! Since then I've lost about 34 pounds and I'm not stopping there! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete