Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 24 of Power 90!

Today has been a very long but good day! I didn't have to babysit till noon so I was able to go back to sleep for a little while after my daughter went back to sleep. That was awesome, cause I usually wake up at 5am and stay up. Then at 10 am I was able to go do the biometric screening for the local contest I entered and found out that my numbers are all great! I couldn't believe I was able to make it to the coffee shop twice in one week too and its only Wednesday! Woohoo!

I was finally able to take a shower last night after the plumber told us the downstairs pipes don't affect us up here. So we were not using our water or anything all day and we could have been yesterday. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

I had a good sandwich for lunch today with the leftover turkey, and we had to use the last of it, so we made these really yummy "healthy" enchiladas. The weren't clean cause of the tortillas and cheese, but they were good. I'll post the recipe with the pic of the last bit that was in the pan.

So today was my cardio workout for the power 90 and I've mentioned before that I have to modify it a bit to make it through parts of the workout. Well tonight as I'm getting right up to the point that I have to start modifying it our renter walks in and starts staging stuff in the garage, to take to his room downstairs. Not only does he keep coming back every few seconds with stuff, he is also trying to have a conversation with me!! I'm sweating, fat flapping, doing the second set of jumping jacks, panting and talking about ski boots, then I'm running talking about skiing, and then I realize after pushing myself so hard trying not to look like a whimp that I've made it through that whole section and totally through the whole next section without any modifications! I was embarrassed to have someone I barely knew watching me, but I'm really glad he was there cause I pushed myself harder than I ever have before doing these workouts!! Now when I do it again in two days I have to push myself that hard again cause I know I can now!

Well its late and I need to get ready for bed. Catch you all tomorrow!


My lunch :) so good. Just Ezekiel bread, mustard and leftover turkey!
Photobucket

Our dinner Turkey enchiladas. One can of black beans drained, leftover roasted turkey or chicken shredded, a can of diced tomatoes or 2 diced tomatoes, 1/2 of an onion chopped, one larger size can of enchilada sauce (red or green whatever you prefer) medium size tortillas, and 1 cup of shredded cheese (we use the aged white cheddar cause its not dyed.) You can use more cheese but the more you use the less healthy they are. You basically just mixed everything up in a big mixing bowl, put it in the tortillas and wrap them up and place them side by side in a 13"x9" baking pan and then pour the enchilada sauce over the top. Reserve some of the cheese to put on at the end. I do about 1/2 the cheese in the filling, and 1/2 on top. 350 degrees for 40 minutes. If you want a vegetarian version replace the meat with kidney beans. It is delicious either way! Its become one of my favorite meals.!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment