Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 23 done and started a challenge!

My small Alaskan town has been doing a biggest loser sort of competition for 3 years now called Healthier You. I entered in the contest today. I'm really excited about it. I'm going to have a biometric screening done tomorrow and I'll know how all my blood levels are, which are always great even though I've been heavy since high school. I'm over weight, but healthy. I'll know tomorrow if my numbers are still good for sure though.

After I weighed in at 236.5 lbs this morning (with snow boots and clothes on LOL) I came home and added some cardio to my day since I'm only doing strength training today. I did P90X Kenpo X and boy was I sweating. I wanted to do that one workout out of all 12 P90X workouts cause I am used to Tae Kwon Do cause I grew up taking the class for about 8 years of my life. So its a great workout, but not anything I can't do. I loved it, so I'm going to be adding that one and possibly the Cardio from P90X occasionally the other day I do strength training. It will give me a little more of a kick in my weight loss and building my muscle strength. I do love the Power 90 I just didn't want to do the same cardio workout 6 days a week LOL.

So remember how I said I was super sweaty, well it was really bad cause I was working out in our living room while my daughter hung out in her jumper and we had the wood stove burning so it was like 80 degrees in here. I was literally dripping. The worse possible thing went wrong when you are dripping sweat every where, we found out from one of our renters that our plumbing must be backed up. So here I am dripping sweat during my first of 2 workouts today, dishes piled sky high in the sink, kids to clean up after, and bottles to wash, and we can't use our drains all day. We can use the water, but can't let it drain otherwise it comes up the downstairs bath tub! Lets just say I was not a happy camper.

Its now 7:00pm here, the baby is asleep, the plumber just showed up about an hour ago and they are hopefully  fixing it, and I'm sitting here blogging after finishing my strength training workout, sweaty and very stinky and hoping that I don't have to drive to my friend's house to shower tonight, cause going without a shower is not an option! This is also one of the first times that I really want to do dishes in my life LOL. When you have kids to keep high chairs clean for, doing dishes and keeping the sink clear becomes a want, and also a need apparently!

Well good night everyone! I am going to go stink and relax until I find out if I need to go in search of a shower or not!

Here is a pic of one of my favorite clean eating products! I put agave nectar in marinades, on my clean oat waffles in the morning, I was putting it in my coffee before I started drinking it black, and used to sweeten my parfaits with it also. Its a great alternative to refined sugar. But it is still sugar so use it sparingly. 

 Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment