Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 25 of power 90...

I got in another early morning workout today! I wanted to cross the circuit workout off my calendar so I could go try out Zumba tonight. My friend gave me a 10 class punch card for Christmas and I just now got to go! It was so fun! Intense but fun, and for being to most over weight person in the class I have to say I wasn't that bad. I did really well. I didn't know the steps, but I was able to keep up for the most part and did a whole lot better than I thought I would. I'm going to keep going once or twice a week to add a little bit of variety and extra cardio on the days I do my circuit (strength) workout. This morning when I was doing my circuit workout I moved up to 15 lb weights for about 3/4 of the workouts. I am glad I did, it was the perfect weight to give me a little bit of a challenge but still get about 12 of the 8 to 15 reps in! Have I ever mentioned I HATE dips! They are awful and I have to use my four wheeler for support cause we don't have a sturdy chair in the garage. I'm trying to find one.

I'm so proud of myself for working out and sticking to something. In my family I'm known as the "lazy" one! When everyone else was outside gardening, doing work in the yard, or just being out in the sun, I would be on the couch or in my room either watching TV, on the phone, or reading a book. I'm still like that to a point but I'm trying to train myself to be better than the couch potato I used to be. I really want our daughter to grow up with an active family! I want to be a good role model for her. Sure during the day or evenings I'm still going to watch my shows LOL, but I want to make sure even on the days its raining or snowing or 10 degrees outside that I'm still being active! I also know I have it in me to be a strong athletic person, so I'm just trying to become that better version of myself :)

So I did really well on the clean eating today, I had Shakeology for breakfast which was delicious, an breakfast burrito with egg whites, spinach, salsa and a few feta crumbles on an ezekiel wrap for an after workout snack, a salad for lunch with tuna and avacado, then quinoa, chicken and  broccoli for dinner, and for my after zumba snack I had ezekiel bread toast with PB2 and apple sauce that I made a couple days ago! I'll post some pics for you!

A tip that I've learned is to have water with you all the time. We keep a brita pitcher and a few water bottles full in the fridge all the time so we are always drinking ice cold water. Invest in 2 or three good water bottles, and take one with you everywhere. Hunger is often mistaken for thirst, so drink up!

Photobucket

My breakfast "burrito"
Photobucket


My salad for lunch today with tuna and avacado!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment