Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 22! My rest day!

So today I didn't have to do a workout but I kept wanting to do one all day after I weighed myself this morning and found that I have lost a total of 8 lbs now and am down to 230.5. Then of course my mother-in-law calls to tell me that the turkey they were bringing over for dinner has turned into them bringing an entire Thanksgiving meal over! I wanted to cry. Well not really but I did have sad thoughts of the scale going back up a couple pounds. Luckily I had one small plate and I shared some of it with my 8 month old and the other 16 month old girl I babysit. I was guilty of eating like 3 pieces of the white bread with butter, but since its my one cheat meal of the week I don't feel too bad about it. At least now I know when they offer dinner to not expect it to be clean and healthy.

Babysitting today was interesting, I got a call from my beach body coach walking through my getting started paperwork and I was talking to her, helping the little girls color, getting my baby up from a nap,and changing diapers while I was on the phone. Its amazing how much better at multitasking I am now. They also gave me a good workout cause the 16 month old, 2 year old, and 3 year old were all wanting me to carry them around like potato sacks, and sitting on my foot while I did leg lifts.

I get so annoyed when my dogs bark because someone is at the door or comes in the house when my daughter is napping, and that happened really early this morning and scared her to death. Just a few minutes ago my brother, who is staying with us, came in and my chihuahua barked but our lab didn't (thank goodness) and I told him if he did it again I was putting him in the washer LOL I wouldn't really do that, but I did put him in there and took a picture, it was pretty funny. Thats the worst part about having a baby and dogs is them acting like a door bell. Someday she'll go to bed later than 6 or 6:30 and won't have to take as many naps so it won't happen as often, but it does suck for now.

So I was going to start adding some tips in here for everyone, so you can see what I'm doing to lose weight and eat clean, so you can see how easy it is. I promise that if you don't live in a small Alaskan town like I do, you have it made and there are no limits to what you can eat to eat clean. We have limited groceries cause we only have one grocery store, and so you get an idea of the cost of produce here, one red bell pepper is $3.99. That is the cost for each red bell pepper. One of these days I'll scan a receipt so you can really see the price. I remember how much cheaper and fresh the fruit and veggies were when I was at school in Washington, I have dreams of the farmer's markets there. Take advantage of the great produce you guys get in the lower 48 states. You are so lucky!

So my first tip is to start adding fresh foods to your diet. I always load up on stuff to make a salad, boneless skinless chicken breast, carrots, eggs apples, bananas, broccoli and pears. Those are always in my fridge. When you have time, after you bring your food home from the grocery store, prep everything ahead of time. Make a huge salad for the next few days, cut up carrot and celery sticks, hard boil eggs, prep the broccoli to steam for dinner, and bake or grill the chicken. Then you don't have the excuse that you don't have time to grab a healthy snack or meal later. I do this all throughout the week. Everything is always ready and on hand now. It saves a ton of time when I'm trying to get lunch and dealing with kids all day.

I will catch up with all of you tomorrow. Have a great night. I hope my tip helps.

 Photobucket


Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment