Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 20 done!

On top of cleaning my house and getting things ready for my brother to come stay with us, I was able to make-up for missing yesterdays workout this morning and just finished with today's strength workout just now at 7pm after my daughter was asleep. I love days when I can make up for a day I wasn't able to do the workout and not be behind anymore.

Every time I do these workouts I get a little better. I know I pretty much say that in every blog, but it amazes me every time.

So the diet I'm eating now is nothing but whole foods, no sugar, no preservatives, and no artificial sweeteners. When I buy packaged goods it has to have less than 6 grams of sugar and no preservatives. I'm aloud one to two "cheat meals" a week, but its mostly only one a week. The cheat meal isn't aloud to be over 1500 calories. I got some of the ideas for my diet from a book by Jackie Warner and basically just mixed and matched it with the Eat Clean diet, since they are both clean diets. I want to eat this way forever to I add in the cheat meal because for me its unrealistic to never allow an indulgence when you are craving it. Then I would just give up entirely.

On the weekends I always make time to prep things for the coming week, so I took a whole flat (6 or 7 pieces) of boneless skinless chicken breast, portioned a few for myself, and baked it. Now we have chicken for salads and also for dinner if I'm running behind or don't get to the store to buy meat for dinner. I also made a salad in our salad spinner. I like making salads with lots of color. I take about 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, a big handful of spinach, about a quarter of purple cabbage (cut into thinner slices), and then I peel one carrot into the salad so it looks like little ribbons of carrot and then I have a gorgeous salad. I put chicken, tuna, or a hard boiled egg on it with some feta, red onion and a little Annie's salad dressing and its delicious. Its my favorite breakfast.

My favorite snack lately is homemade hummus and some carrot and celery sticks. Its so good and easy to make. I didn't make mine from a recipe, but I had watched my hubby lol so I sort of followed what I know goes in it and it was delicious. One can of garbanzo beans, about 2 tbs of tahini, 1tbs olive oil, 2 to 3 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped) a splash of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Put it in a blender, vitamix, or food processor and its delicious.

If you guys want more recipes please ask and I will be happy to give them to you.

The chicken I baked
 Photobucket

The hummus and veggies.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment