Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 61

As I begin my last month of Power 90 I actually managed to workout this morning when my daughter took a nap. I was determined to do it. I even stayed up last night a little longer to make sure I cleaned the kitchen a little more than normal so I wouldn't have to do anything in the morning. I did my cardio workout and I can almost make it through all four sets of the jumping jacks/running/run lunges. I love that I can push myself a little further every time.

I ate really well all day until I started making the frosting for my husbands birthday cake for his "party" tomorrow. I made the chocolate gonache first for the filling and the top and it was delicious. I had never made a real birthday cake before, like an actual decorated cake. I had also never made gonache or buttercream frosting either. I had made a double fudge chocolate cake yesterday, two big layers. In the middle is the gonache, and the decorated part is buttercream and there is a little gonache on top too. It looks really good. I couldn't help but taste the frosting. I'm lucky I had a friend that I could borrow the decorating supplies from.  I'll put a pic of the cake on here when I'm done.

I was going to do the circuit workout tonight, but the cake took longer than I thought it would. I'm going to try to do another workout while Olivia is sleeping and do the circuit workout in the evening tomorrow after the birthday dinner.

I posted my progress pics on facebook last night, and someone I didn't know (a friend of a friend I guess) wrote on my pic that they couldn't see a difference!! It really shouldn't bother me that much since I know there is a difference, but still I can't help but feel a little frustrated. So needless to say I've decided I'm going to make the last month really count and do as much as I possibly can to get these pounds and inches off!! I'm not going to be done at the end of my 90 days of power 90! This is only the beginning, but I want to know that I gave it my all every time I do one of these programs!!

The birthday cake!
Photobucket

Dinner, asparagus (tossed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a little salt and baked) and pan seared chicken (then baked)
Photobucket

Last nights dinner and today's lunch. Turkey chili my hubby made
Photobucket

My lunch yesterday. A sandwich on Ezekiel bread with feta, spinach, roasted turkey, veganaise, and mustard.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. something that helps me:
    It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for friends and family, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Keep going.


    Plus, that person doesn't know you and had no reason to be commenting.

    ReplyDelete