Sunday, May 12, 2013

Super Mom...

What makes any mother a Super Mom? I see that on facebook all the time when people are commenting on my status or pictures. I never feel like I'm a super mom, I feel like I'm just a mother doing what I need to do for my family and for my children and rarely for myself. I do the best I can when I can. When my daughter was born I thought it was hard just having one child, but God had a lot more in store for me. I ended up having twins and being pregnant with them before Olivia was even 1 year old. If being a super mom means having 3 kids under 17 months old, having twins, and watching your child go through heart surgery not knowing whether they will live long after they are born, and then watching your other child go through eye surgery, soon to have a second surgery, then I guess I am a super mom. I certainly don't feel like it while my 6 month old twin daughter Jordan screams (which is 90% of the day) or when my older daughter throws tantrums and stopped being an amazing sleeper. I feel like I'm failing somehow by not having a spotless house, and having a toddler that never stops getting into things. I do feel good knowing that despite Jordan being on IV nutrition the first 3 weeks of life and not being able to nurse till 4 weeks old that I am still breast feeding the twins almost exclusively and only having to supplement two bottles at the most a day. I feel good knowing that if I have to go to the store with all three children I am not afraid to do it and can totally handle it. I am afraid of not knowing if Jordan will ever need more open heart surgeries, I am also afraid that Corbin will need more than two eye surgeries in his life, but I try not to worry about that until it happens. God has thrown a lot of challenges my way and I wouldn't trade my children for anything. I love them sooooo much! Even if they are stubborn or colicky. Someday I'll look back on all the days I've cried with them or for them and cherish those moments. Happy Mother's Day  photo 120_zpscbb02894.jpg Holding the twins together for the first time  photo 541194_4192604247991_1432903959_n_zpsc5c83b42.jpg Holding Corbin for the first time  photo 032-1_zps05e90e75.jpg Holding Jordan for the first time. She was 2 days old and had been taken to a different hospital  photo 255702_1965674696144_1654424_n_zpsfb7cf7dd.jpg Holding Olivia after bringing her home  photo 170_zps3517483d.jpg Jordan after open heart surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment