Thursday, May 9, 2013

A normal day for me...

I thought I would take a moment and give you an example of a normal weekday for me. So you can see exactly what my life is like these days. Normally my twins wake up first at around 6 or 6:30am and I tandem nurse them at the same time for about 10 minutes, then pump for 12 minutes give or take. Then change diapers and play and visit with them as long as I can before my older daughter gets up at 6:30 or 7am. Cartoons for about 30 minutes after diaper change for her and getting dressed and getting her juice. Then while everyone is happy I make breakfast, if not, then the twins go in their bouncers while I cook and do dishes. The twins nap about every hour and a half to two hours after they wake up so while I'm giving Olivia her breakfast the twins will go down for a nap, and I will eat, make coffee, then do ABCmouse with Olivia until the twins wake up or until she gets tired of it. The two girls I babysit come at 8:50am so I try to get everything I can ready before they come so they can have breakfast. So I pull out frozen whole wheat banana pancakes to heat up and prep whatever fruit and maybe some eggs or turkey bacon. Then they eat (one is 10 months and one is 2.5 years so I do babyfood sometimes too if she doesn't eat a lot of table food) The twins wake up about the time they girls are dropped off, so I nurse them both before or after the girls eat then change all of my children's diapers. I also get the twins in their high chairs and feed them baby food. At 10:30am after they have played the twins have another nap around then, and the 10 month old also gets a nap. Olivia and the 2.5 year old play, color, watch cartoons, or "help" clean or vacuum and have a snack. At noon everyone is usually awake and I do a mass diaper change after I nurse the twins and before lunch, so five kids=five diapers. Then I make lunch, I'm going to be trying to make one meal for all of use or at least the ones not eating babyfood, but usually its kid friendly. Around 1pm I feed the twins more babyfood, then try to get everyone down for a nap. My daughter has to be the most difficult of course. 3:00 the twins and Olivia are up so I nurse them again change their diapers, and let them play or hang out and give Olivia a snack. The other girls are usually napping until about 4pm give or take 30 minutes. I give the other girls a snack before they go home and change their diapers. They can be here till 5 or 6 depending on the day. 5:00pm is dinner time, the twins have usually been down for a nap and are sleeping or just got up. When they are napping I fix dinner or get whatever has been in the crockpot cooling for Olivia to eat and prep whatever is our side vegetable or whatever. We all eat and I either feed the twins more food or wait and give them oatmeal in their bottle. My husband gets off at 7 or 8 depending on the day. When he gets home or right before I try to give all three a bath, and get the twins a bottle and ready for bed. Olivia gets a snack before bed. Depending on the night Olivia goes to bed at 8pm (we start at 7:15ish because she takes 30 minutes to get to stay in her bed). The twins go to bed around 7 or depending on the day and how long their last nap was. At 8:30 if I'm lucky everyone is asleep and my house is a disaster! So I either say screw it and sit down and relax or I stay up until 10 or 11 folding laundry, doing dishes, and picking up toys. I long for the day when my kids want to sleep in, can help with chores, are out of diapers, can feed themselves, and help mommy in the kitchen :) But I also wouldn't trade any minute of this for anything. Every day is different and life can throw me curve balls. I know on Saturdays I load up my kids (takes about 45 minutes) and go to my parents for about 2 or 3 hours and let them nap in the car. I love doing that cause then I can visit and the babies have someone to love on and hold them. Thats just how my day normally goes, I'm sure I missed quite a bit. Please like my facebook page, I update that a whole lot more than my blog. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Kilian-Thinspiration/218396048241756

No comments:

Post a Comment