Sunday, July 13, 2014

Whole 30 Day 5 Feeling good

Good morning :) Between using natural skin care products for the last few months including shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste an now eating Paleo I fe fantastic and my skin looks amazing! 

Yesterday I ended up with a crazy bad migraine that made me sick, I was lucky that it only lasted a few hours, so I had to make up some of those calories I lost later in the day. I felt better that evening and my friend invited me to go out with her, so I went and drank water and got a good workout dancing. It was so fun!

Being a mother of three kids (a 3 year old and almost 2 year old twins) you would think it would be impossible to eat healthy cause it just "takes too long". Honestly it's faster than most the junk I used to cook my family. I will share the few things I do to cut time down to the bare minimum!

1. Prep all your veggies and hard boiled eggs in one day right after you buy them. Even grill, bake or brown your meat so it's easy to throw together. This could take about an hour give or take. Dice veggies for omelets or Fritattas or casseroles. Slice onions and peppers for stir-fries or salads, and boil a bunch of eggs for fast protein for after workout. Doing this you can throw pretty much any combo together for any kind of meal. 

2. Eat enough healthy fat each meal, if I don't eat enough I am hungry a lot faster.

3. Drink lots of water, then drink more. 

4. Don't get overwhelmed. If you are and don't know what to eat, focus on what you can eat, not what you can't, then it isn't bad.

Breakfast "hash" and eggs for dinner last night. Sweet potatoes and whatever veggies I needed to use up in the fridge, with eggs and avocado.

Breakfast this morning: sautéed spinach, red onions, minced garlic. Sautéed in plenty of olive oil topped with two eggs then baked at 350 for about 7 min and two slices of bacon

Super easy, I just throw stuff together, add seasonings and BAM, a yummy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment