Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving and the tryptophan effect

For moms Thanksgiving seems to be a double edged sword. You work so hard cleaning and preparing the meal and then everyone leaves after about an hour or so of eating. Then you have to clean up. In years past before I had children I spent the afternoon napping and enjoying my tryptophan induced coma. As a mom those days are over. It's the time a day after the naps are done for the kids so you are stuck fighting your husband (who is snoring from the said coma) to watch the kids and trying to clean up so you can decorate for Christmas the next day. 

I'm sure someday when the kids are older and not all under 2.5 years old, they won't be so demanding and we can actually enjoy the holiday as a family. Instead of it feeling like a well fed zoo exhibit around here. 



As for working out and eating healthy I used Thanksgiving as a cheat day and had planned to workout, but I let the day consume me and didn't workout in the morning and was too full in the evening to do it. I will remember next year to workout in the morning, or even workout Christmas morning. 


I am playing catch up again today and since I'm a couple days behind, today is my double day, so I get to do two workouts today. I was very happy that I got a workout in yesterday. I definitely needed it. 

I haven't budged much in numbers, but I plan to do my hardest not to eat anything extra (like my kids little leftovers). I'm sure that will make a difference.
Happy Holidays to you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment