Friday, December 20, 2013

Its almost Christmas!

As a mom of 3 young toddlers days like today can be very hard. Both of the twins are teething so they are crankier than normal. They day started with a little bit of crying but they were fine once all three were fed, dressed and watching a cartoon. I was able to catch up on wrapping some presents. The only thing I have left to do is print off some pictures for a frame I bought my parents. I also have to practice a song to sing for church tomorrow. After they all went down for a nap the day went from ok to terrible. My son wouldn't stop crying all afternoon even if I held him, and his twin sister crawled around following me whining and even managed to almost get her mouth stuck on a dining room chair leg trying to bite it. Ah the joys of children. My oldest daughter played with water beads for awhile until it became clear she wouldn't keep them in the bowl. She had fun though. I also made a great recipe for paleo gingerbread cookies last night and posed our elf Ginger with them this morning. They turned out a lot better than I thought. I highly recommend them to anyone who is vegan, eating clean, gluten-free, paleo, or even someone eating a normal diet. If you want the recipe go here Tonight I made copper river red salmon our friends caught this last summer. It was delicious. I also made some roasted cauliflower. You use butter on a pan to keep it from sticking, you don't need a lot, put the salmon skin side down (make sure its on medium low) sprinkle salt, pepper, and a little onion powder (or use your favorite spice blend) let it cook almost all the way through on the one side, then flip it and cook it for about 5 minutes or less. It turns out so moist and tasty!! I learned to cook it from watching Master Chef. HeeHee! The cauliflower is easy. Cut it into florets, put in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil (use as much as you want, a little for crunchier cauliflower or a bit more for more tender) cook at 375 for about 20-25 minutes Well have a wonderful night and Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment