Thursday, July 18, 2013

A bit behind the group..but still going

I decided yesterday to try a new group started by an acquaintance of mine who recently got her personal training certification and started a workout class called Valdez Moms on the Go. I thought it would be a great way to be around other moms and get some weight off so it would be easier for me to run. Well I was a bit confused or delusional in my thinking that this class wouldn't be way too difficult for me. It is actually a lot of jogging to a bunch of stations that we stop at (while pushing kids in strollers) and do different workouts. I have no problem pushing myself and doing as much as I can, but when it comes to jogging, there is only so much my almost 240 pound butt can do! By the time I reached the first station and trying to jog as much as I could, I felt like I may just puke. Then came the lunges...I HATE lunges, the sad thing is they are one of the best workouts ever. Here I am, sweating, panting, legs trembling, and feeling like jello while yelling for my daughter and the 2 year old I babysit to get back in the stroller so I can "jog" or more "walk/waddle" to the next station. It was an amazing workout, 4 play grounds as stations across town to jog to and workout at, and I felt totally worked out and fantastic after. I am definitely putting myself through the pain again, I just hope I can work up to jogging the whole time!  photo 1069167_491257327622292_2101647511_n_zps818bbd55.jpg As far as food goes lately I'm trying to get back to eating clean and having all of us eat clean, because I don't think eating the toddler's scraps and leftovers and everything else in sight don't make a very balanced meal plan. I'm thinking my daughter is beginning to look at me more like I'm a dog sitting there begging for her food and waiting for scraps. One of these days I'm going to be told "no begging" by my 2 year old. Its definitely time to plan ahead for my meals so I'm not the last person to eat. I'm going to start trying to plan breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks for the week for both me and my family, as well as the children I babysit. Then there will be a lot less chance I can go berserk and eat a whole bag of cookies. My husband is also finally getting on track with working out. I'm very glad, cause it will make him feel a lot better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment