Sunday, April 28, 2013

An update and getting started

Life has been pretty crazy the last year since finding out I was expecting twins! We've gone through the hardships of finding out our baby girl would have a Congenital Heart Defect and me having to stay in Seattle, over a thousand miles from home, to have the twins. Then going through her surgery at 3 weeks old, and the amazing whirlwind of her fast recovery and change of diagnosis. She has done so well since being born due to all of the prayers from all of our family and friends. We were able to come home when the twins were four weeks old. Jordan (the baby girl) will be followed by a cardiologist for life, and we will know as she grows if she will need more surgery or a procedure in the cath lab. My son Corbin had eye surgery a couple weeks ago because of having cross eyes, and will need at least one more in June. We go to Anchorage (5 to 6 hour drive) about once a month for doctor appointments for one or both of them, they are also following Corbin's kidneys because they are bigger than normal. I have also started babysitting the girl I was babysitting before and her 10 month old sister, so I have 5 kids under 2 and a half here most days! I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with kiddos and house work that I don't get much time to blog, but I'm going to try to take the effort to do it once a week. My twins are 6 months old and starting to eat solids, so since I am breast feeding, I can finally start working out again in a couple weeks and not worry about my milk supply so much. My plan of attack will be eating clean and keeping track of my calories on myfitnesspal since I have to eat at least 3000 calories to breast feed the twins and drink about 115 oz of water a day! I'll have to make a real post later, since the twins just woke up! So wish me luck! I'm going to need it, the twins and my almost 2 year old keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment